Wimbledon to witness full capacity crowd from QFs to finals

The upcoming quaterfinal matches of the ongoing Wimbledon will witness a full capacity crowds at the centre court and No. 1 court, it has been announced.

On Sunday, the All England Club said that tye development will mark “the first full outdoor stadiums at a sporting event” in Britain since the start of the coronavirus pandemic last year.

The club said the rise in seating capacity comes after “the successful staging of the first week of The Championships” and with the approval of the British government.

The quarterfinals of the Wimbledon will begin on Tuesday for the women and on Wednesday for the men while the semis.

Earlier, ahead of the tournament, the club had said it would be able to allow full crowds only for the two singles finals but now, full house will be seen from the quarters to the finals.

While the centre court carries a capacity of 14,979, the No. 1 court’s capacity is 12,345.

However, it has been said that the spectators will need to show a proof of their COVID-19 status or should have passed a test within the preceding 48 hours of the event or should have been fully vaccinated.

Significantly for the first time in 75 years, Wimbledon was canceled in 2020 because of the pandemic.

News Desk

Read Previous

Ombudsman reinstates Azharuddin as HCA Chief

Read Next

Asian Champions League to be played over single legs from quarter-finals onwards: AFC

%d bloggers like this: