On day 14 of the ongoing Tokyo Olympics, the Indian women’s hockey team will fight for the bronze medal match against Great Britain.
In Golf, Aditi Ashok will resume in round 3 and will aim keep the medal hopes alive. Also, India’s big medal prospects Bajrang Punia begins his campaign in men’s 65kg wrestling event while in athletics Gurpreet Singh, Priyanka Goswami, Bhawna Jat and the men’s 4x400m relay team will be in action.
- Bajrang Punia loses 5-12 against Haji Aliyev in semifinals of 65kg category
- Aditi Ashok holds her 2nd position in the 3rd round of Women’s Individual Strokeplay
Bajrang Punia beats Iran’s Morteza Cheka Ghiasi in men’s 65kg Freestyle 1/4 wrestling finals, enter semifinals
- Bajrang Punia wins his first bout in the MFS 65 kg category, enters quarterfinals
- Indian Women’s Hockey team loses to Great Britain, 4-3 in the Bronze Medal match
- Seema Bisla loses to Tunisia’s Sarra Hamdi 1-3 in Women’s Freestyle 50kg 1/8 Final.
Full List of Indians in action on Day 14:
2:00 a.m. Men’s 50km Race Walk — Gurpreet Singh
2:52 p.m. Women’s 20km Race Walk Final — Priyanka Goswami & Bhawna Jat
5:07 p.m. Men’s 4×400 Relay Round 1, Heat 2 — Amoj Jacob, Arokia Rajiv, N Pandi, Nirmal Tom Noah, Mohd Anas
5:29 a.m. Women’s Individual Stroke play – Round 3 — Diksha Dagar
5:48 a.m. Women’s Individual Stroke play – Round 3 — Aditi Ashok
7:00 a.m. women’s bronze medal match — India v Great Britain
8:07 a.m. Women’s 50kg Freestyle 1/8 Final — Seema Bisla v Hamdi Sarra (TUN)
8:49 a.m. Men’s 65kg Freestyle 1/8 Final — Bajrang Punia v Ernazar Akmataliev (KGZ)
8:56 a.m. Women’s 50 kg Freestyle Quarterfinal — Seema Bisla (if qualifies)
9:17 a.m. Men’s 65kg Freestyle Quarterfinal — Bajrang (if qualifies)
2:52 p.m. Men’s 65kg Freestyle Semifinal — Bajrang (if qualifies)
3:13 p.m. Women’s 50kg Freestyle Semifinal — Seema Bisla (if qualifies)