On Day 11 of the ongoing Tokyo Games, all eyes will be on the men’s hockey team, which is just a step away from securing a medal in the showpiece event. In athletics, javelin thrower Annu Rani and shot putter Tajinderpal Singh Toor will begin their campaigns in the qualifications rounds while Sonam Malik will take to the mat in the 62kg category in wrestling.
- With a best effort of 19.99m, Tajinderpal Singh Toor fails to qualify for the final of the men’s shot put event.
- Sonam Malik loses to Mongolia’s Bolortuya Khurelkhuu in women’s freestyle 62kg 1/8 final match.
- Indian men’s hockey team loses to Belgium 5-2 in the semi-final, to play for bronze medal
- End of 3rd quarter. India 2-2 Belgium.
- India 2-2 Belgium at halftime in the men’s hockey semifinal
- Annu Rani out of contention to qualify for the women’s javelin throw event, finishes at no.14 in her qualifications round.
Full list of Indians in action on Day 11:
6:00 AM: Athletics Women’s Javelin Throw Qualification Group A – Annu Rani
7:00 AM: Men’s Hockey semifinal – India vs Belgium
8:30 AM starts: Wrestling Freestyle Women’s 62kg 1/8 Final and QF – Sonam Malik vs Bolortuya Khurelkhuu (Mongolia)
2:45 PM starts: Wrestling Freestyle Women’s 62kg SF – Sonam Malik (Based on Qualification)
3:45 AM: Athletics Men’s Shot Put Qualification Group A – Tajinderpal Singh Toor