On Sunday, August 1, golfers Anirban Lahiri and Udayan Mane, boxer Satish Kumar, shuttler PV Sindhu and the men’s hockey team will be in action.
While Lahiri and Mane will start off India’s challenge early on Sunday, equestrian player Fouaad Mirza will follow them.
Meanwhile, boxer Satish will compete in the quarter-final (91kg category) while Sindhu will play for the bronze medal and the men’s hockey team will face Great Britain for a place in the semis.
- Indian Men’s Hockey team beats Great Britain 3-1, enters semifinals
- PV Sindhu wins the bronze medal, beats China’s He Bingjiao 21-13,21-15 in the badminton women’s singles event and becomes the first Indian woman to win two Olympic medals.
- India takes 2-0 lead in 2nd quarter
- Indian men’s hockey team enjoy a 1-0 lead over Great Britain at the end of first quarter
- PV Sindhu takes Game 1 21-13 against China’s He Bing Jiao
- Satish Kumar loses to Uzbekistan’s Bakhodir Jalolov 0-5 in men’s Super Heavy (+91kg) quarterfinals
Team India’s schedule at Tokyo Olympics for August 1:
- 4:00 am: Men’s individual – Udhayan Mane
- 5:30 am: Individual eventing – Fouaad Mirza
- 9:36 am: Men’s Quarterfinal – Satish Kumar vs B. Jalolov (UZB)
- 5:00 pm onwards: Women’s singles bronze medal – P.V. Sindhu vs He Bingjiao (China)
- 5:30 pm: Quarterfinal Men’s – India vs Great Britain