Pak pacer Md Hasnain undergoes official bowling test after three month of suspension

Around three months of remedial work on his bowling action, Pakistan pacer Mohammad Hasnain has undergone an official test in a bid to revive his international career.

Earlier in February this year, Hasnain, 22, was suspended from bowling in international cricket as he failed a biomechanics test in which the majority of the deliveries he bowled exceeded the 15-degree tolerance limit for a legal bowling action.

The official outcome of the test is expected to be compiled in two weeks and will be shared with the International Cricket Council (ICC) and all member boards in the world.

Meanhiwle, Hasnain is optimistic that he will be cleared for bowling in international cricket however, if the decision doesn’t come in his favour, he will have to start afresh.

Notably, the Pakistan pacer was first reported in January by umpires in the Big Bash League (BBL), where he was playing for Sydney Thunder.

While awaiting his results, he was allowed to play any cricket and as a result, he participated in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) for his franchise Quetta Gladiators in their first three games of the season.

According to the ICC’s regulations on illegal bowling actions, the PCB can allow Hasnain to continue bowling in their domestic tournaments. But the PCB decided against it and sent him back to the High-Performance Centre to rework his action.

Earlier, Hasnain has been suspended from bowling in international cricket after the 21-year-old failed to clear his bowling action, which was reported by umpire Gerard Abood in a match between Sydney Thunder and Adelaide Strikers at Sydney Showground Stadium on January 2.

Later, Cricket Australia (CA) had issued a statement saying: “This process has been completed, with Hasnain’s action found to be illegal by the PCB’s testing laboratory and the report reviewed and verified by CA’s independent expert.”

On the other hand, Peter Roach, Cricket Australia’s Head of Cricket Operations and Scheduling, had said: “We’d like to commend Mohammad Hasnain, the Pakistan Cricket Board, Cricket NSW and Sydney Thunder for their cooperative and respectful approach to this process – particularly given the logistical challenges around travel and testing.”

“CA’s independent expert is satisfied that Mohammad replicated his bowling action in the controlled environment during testing and that the results are accurate,” he added.

Roach had further said that the CA has full confidence the PCB will support Mohammad to rectify his action.

“We wish Mohammad the best over coming months and look forward to welcoming him back to Australia in the future,” he had added.

Meanwhile, the PCB confirmed that the pacer will remain suspended and a bowling consultant will be appointed to work with him.

News Desk

Read Previous

Sony Sports Network to broadcast first edition of Ultimate Sports Quiz featuring Harsha Bhogle

Read Next

RR understood true potential of Ashwin’s all-round abilities and utilised it well: Harbhajan

%d bloggers like this: