IPL 2020 LIVE: Byju’s to be top spender on broadcast sponsorship

Byju’s will be the most visible brand during the Indian Premier League LIVE broadcast on the Star Sports network channels. India’s leading e-learning app has acquired two most precious broadcast sponsorship properties for the upcoming 13th edition of the IPL.

Byju’s appears to have made up for the lost opportunity to acquire the IPL 2020 title sponsorship with an unprecedented broadcast sponsorship commitment.

Besides one of the five co-presenting partner positions, Byju’s will also be the presenting sponsor for the pre-match analysis and post-match review studios shows for the 60 IPL matches.

Byju’s, SportzFront can confirm, has committed ₹ 175 crores for the two IPL broadcast sponsorship deals. That will be simply the highest ad spent by a single brand for the IPL 2020, to be played in the UAE from September 19 to November 10.

IPL title sponsor Dream11, Amazon, PhonePe and VI (Vodafone Idea) are the other co-presenting partners.

SportzFront was the first to break yesterday (Wednesday) that VI has been roped in as the fifth co-presenting partner for the league.

Also Read: Vodafone Idea fifth co-presenting partner for LIVE broadcast

Byju’s was one of the three eventual bidders for the IPL 2020 title sponsorship rights, which had ₹ 222 crores winning bid from Dream11. Byju’s was the second-highest bidder with an offer of ₹ 204 crores.

One of the biggest spenders on cricket sponsorships in India, the Think and Learn company-owned brand also owns the naming rights for the front jersey of the national teams of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.

Despite the COVID-19 threat, this has been among the best years for IPL host broadcasters with the on-air broadcast inventory exceeding ₹ 3,000 crores.

As exclusively reported by SportzFront, Star Sports has paused the IPL ad sales for now after 95% of the inventory has been sold out. The remaining 5% of spots are retained for the Diwali period.

Also read: Star India sells 95% inventory, shuts window

Admin Sportz Front

Read Previous

BCCI indefinitely postpones AGM citing COVID-19 threat

Read Next

ISL: Odisha FC signs Australian defender Jacob Tratt

%d bloggers like this: