On the eighth day of the ongoing Tokyo Olympics, ace shuttler PV Sindhu and boxer Lovlina Bogorhain will play their respective semifinal games. Meanwhile, boxer Pooja Rani would look to inch closer to a medal and her compatriot Amit Panghal will begin his campaign in the showpiece event.
Discuss throwers Kamalpreet Kaur and Seema Punia and Long Jumper M. Sreeshankar will also kick-off their campaign while the Indian eves will face South Africa in hockey.
PV Sindhu lose to Tai Tzu-Ying 21-18, 21-12.
- Pooja Rani loses to Li Qian of China 0-5 in women’s middleweight (69-75kg) quarter-finals.
- India beats South Africa 4-3 in women’s hockey pool A match.
- Kamalpreet Kaur reaches 64m in her third attempt and qualify for the women’s Discus Throw final
- Amit Panghal’s campaign ends, loses to Colombia’s Yuberjen Martinez 4-1
- Atanu Das knocked out after losing to Japan’s Takaharu Furukawa 6-4 (25-27 28-28 28-27 28-28 26-27). in 1/8 Eliminations of Men’s Individual event.
Day 8 Schedule
4:15 AM: Golf Men’s Individual Stroke Play Round 2 -Anirban Lahiri
6:00 AM: Golf Men’s Individual Stroke Play Round 2 -Anirban Lahiri, Udayan Mane
6:00 AM: Athletics Women’s Discus Throw Qualification in Group A – Seema Punia
7:18 AM: Archery Men’s Individual 1/8 Eliminations – Atanu Das
7:25 AM: Athletics Women’s Discus Throw Qualification in Group B – Kamalpreet Kaur
7:30 AM: Boxing Men’s Flyweight (48-52kg) – Amit Panghal vs Yuberjen Herney Martinez Rivas
8:30 AM: Shooting 50m Rifle 3 Positions Women’s Qualification – Tejaswini Sawant, Anjum Moudgil
8:35 AM: Sailing 49er Men’s Race 10, 11, 12 – Ganapathy Kelapanda and Varun Thakkar
8:45 AM: Hockey Women’s Pool A – India vs South Africa
12:30 PM: Shooting 50m Rifle 3 Positions Women’s Final (Subject to qualification)
3:20 PM: Badminton Women’s Singles Semi-final – PV Sindhu vs Tai Tzu-Ying
3:36 PM: Boxing Women’s Middleweight (72-75kg) Quarterfinal – Pooja Rani vs Qian Li in
3:40 PM: Men’s Long Jump Qualification in Group B – Murali Sreeshankar