On day 5 of the ongoing Tokyo Olympics, ace shuttler PV Sindhu and B Sai Praneeth will resume their campaign. Meanwhile, pugilist Pooja Rani will enter the ring for the first time in the Games.
On the other hand, archers Tarundeep Rai, Deepika Kumari, and Pravin Jadhav will also be in action and in rowing, Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh will fight for a spot in the finals of the Lightweight Double Sculls standard.
- In men’s singles, B. Sai Praneeth’s campaign ends, lose to Netherlands’ Mark Caljouw 14-21, 14-21 in the second Group match.
- Pooja Rani beats Ichrak Chaik of Algeria 5:0 and enters quarterfinal.
- Deepika Kumari wins beats Jennifer Mucino-Fernandez of the US 6-4 to advance to the quarters.
- Pravin Jadhav knocked out after going down 0-6 toworld no.1 Brady Ellison in Round of 16
- Pravin Jadhav stuns World No. 2 Galsan Bazarzhapov 6-0 of Russian Olympic Committee. He will now face USA’s Brady Ellison, who is currently ranked world no.1 in the men’s singles outdoor recurve
- India’s Tarundeep Rai knocked out, lose to Israel’s Itay Shanny 5-6.
- Indian rowers Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh fail to advance for the men’s lightweight double sculls final. While Arjun finished sixth, Arvind came in last in the second semifinal.
- Sindhu enters knockout rounds after she beats Hong Kong’s Yi Ngan Cheung 21-9, 21-16
- Indian women’s hockey team lose third match in a row. Great Britain beat India 4-1 in Women’s Hockey Pool A match